You should raise the issue with your provider first and give them an opportunity to resolve it.

Once you and your provider have reached the end of the provider's complaint process and you are not happy with the outcome, iStudent Complaints may be able to help. If we can't help with your complaint, we will help you find someone who can.

Who can make a complaint?

Any international student who studied in New Zealand, or their parent or legal guardian.

What can I complain about?

iStudent Complaints resolves your contractual and financial disputes against your provider in New Zealand. We will direct any complaints about Code breaches to NZQA.

iStudent Complaints may decline to accept a complaint for one or more of the following reasons:

  • The provider has not been given an opportunity to resolve the issue raised by the dispute.
  • The dispute has been previously dealt with by iStudent Complaints.
  • The claim is frivolous or vexatious.
  • Given the age of the dispute, it is no longer feasible to gather sufficient evidence or other information for resolution of the dispute.

How much will it cost?

Nothing. The service is fully funded by the Export Education Levy.

Accessing an interpreter

If you require further help or information in another language, we can arrange an interpreter. Please contact us to let us know and we will arrange a professional interpreter in the language you want.